Health TechnologiesSixth form users click here
for more information...
The Health Technologies specialist lessons will focus on the needs of hospitals, laboratories, doctors’ surgeries, public first aid facilities and other health care organisations. You might also study forensics, pathology and sports medicine or follow more traditional routes to medicine and dentistry.
Our onsite Health Tech suite replicates health-care environments, so your health technology lessons will be truly interactive with hands-on activities. Specialist facilities include a simulated A&E Triage area, a mini hospital ward and rehabilitation equipment. Naturally, there’s also an extensive range of health technology equipment and resources.
Health Technologies Projects
Every term, you’ll work on a project which builds your business and entrepreneurship skills alongside health technology. The menu of projects for your first year includes:
- Deliver forensic, pharmaceutical and medical sciences in a hospital, health care or scene of crime environment.
- Work with Homerton University Hospital Trust on medical sciences in hospitals
- Manage care in the community including paediatric, geriatric and podiatry services.
- Provide medical, care and laboratory technical support services to a range of health, care and medical support teams.
- Study care and ethics in the health sector
At Hackney UTC you will develop an inside-out understanding of the health care sector. You might choose to progress to the University of East London (UEL) where you’re guaranteed a place once you successfully graduate from Hackney UTC, and even progress to their Masters in e-Health. Or, you could follow the traditional medical school route at university.
Of course, you’ll also be in a great position to go straight into a job in health or care.
Be a part of the success story!
Hackney UTC are accepting applications for young people who are currently inYear 9 to start in Year 10 in September 2013.
We are also pleased to announce we are accepting Sixth Form applications….Apply online