Be among the first in London to join a University Technical College!
There is no better school in London for high quality GCSEs and progressing into a Health or Digital Technologies future: the greatest job growth in London.
Like the world of work, the hours are 8:30am-5pm. You’ll do most of your homework during that time, as well as a range of intervention and enrichment programmes, so you’ll still have time for your social and family life.
Alongside achieving a minimum of 8 good GCSEs, you will benefit from:
- Employer-led projects throughout the year: so much more than the standard 2-week work placement
- A curriculum shaped by employers: you will not only achieve a qualification, but will get real-life, valuable work skills
- Your own university or employer mentor: giving fabulous career advice from an early age
- Employer partners who include BT and the Homerton University Hospital Trust: some lessons take place at their offices, so you’ll be part of the action!
- University partners: successful students are well-placed for a UEL degree course after graduating from Hackney UTC.
We don’t have a school uniform. We have a dress code instead, just like at sixth form or in the workplace. We expect you to look smart and professional.Find out more about the curriculum
Be a part of the success story!
Hackney UTC are accepting applications for young people who are currently inYear 9 to start in Year 10 in September 2013.
We are also pleased to announce we are accepting Sixth Form applications….Apply online
Based in the heart of Shoreditch, we’re perfectly positioned for the exciting world of Digital Technologies. The lessons will focus on computer science and creative digital media, including infrastructure design and support.More about what you'll study Our state-of-the-art facilities
Partnering with the Homerton University Hospital Trust, you’ll focus on the key requirements within the health sector including hospitals, laboratories, doctors’ surgeries, paramedic and peripatetic health providers.More about what you'll study Our Health Tech facilities
Alongside your chosen specialist subject, you will also achieve a minimum of eight good GCSEs. To give you a greater opportunity to move onto university, Science GCSE is taught as 3 individual subjects.More about what you'll study More about our facilities